When the snow starts to fall, it’s time to enjoy yet another side of Rockingham County from the slopes or from the warming comforts of a spa. Massanutten Resort is our ultimate winter playground with 1,110 vertical feet made for skiing, boarding and tubing. The resort also lights up all 14 trails for night skiing/boarding. And if you’ve had enough of the snow, they also have an indoor water park and a full-service spa.
Beyond just the snow, there are also several places to hit the ice. Generation’s Park in Bridgewater and The Rink at Massanutten are both great places to lace up. You can also head inside to warm up with several reasons to stay entertained all winter long:
· Galleries & Artists – from fine arts like painting to folk arts like jewelry and quilts
· Museums – covering almost any topic from the Civil War and natural history to quilts and jewelry
· Performing Arts – take in a ballet, the symphony, traveling shows and more at the Court Square Theatre and Forbes Center
· Craft Brewing – drink in local favorites like Brother’s Craft Brewing, Pale Fire, Three Notch’d and Wolfe Street
· Shops – antiques, furniture and a number of specialty shops offer you unique finds you won’t likely find anywhere else