Town of Bridgewater
Just 5 miles outside of Harrisonburg, the Town of Bridgewater is a picturesque destination to explore history or experience some of the county’s best foodie finds with a bi-weekly farmers’ market and a vineyard. Visit the Town of Bridgewater website here.
Those seeking out history will enjoy both the local Historical Society & Museum along with the Reuel B. Pritchett Museum which boasts an eclectic collection of more than 10,000 artifacts, including those from Native-Americans, the American Civil War and pioneer life in the Shenandoah Valley.
Things to Do
· Bi-weekly farmers’ market at Generations Park
· Catch a baseball game, or one of the free outdoor concerts and movies at Oakdale Community Park
· Wine tastings at Bluestone Vineyard (link at www.bluestonevineyard.com)
· Annual Bridgewater Country Fair (link at www.bridgewaterfair.com)
· Annual Summer’s End Celebration Carnival
· Seasonal ice skating at Generations Park