For complete information regarding passports, please visit travel.state.gov.
Appointment to Apply in Person
Rockingham County has staff located in the Rockingham County Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 80 Court Square, Harrisonburg, VA 22802 to handle DS-11 passport applications. See Renewals below if you are not using the DS-11 form. Passport applications are accepted Monday - Friday, excluding holidays, during normal office hours (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM). Appointments are available for up to 6 individuals at a time so that a family/group can come at the same time to submit their applications. Appointments are strongly recommended and will have priority over any walk-ins. Walk-ins may not be accepted if schedule is full with appointments and walk-ins with more than 2 applications will not be accepted after 4:00 PM. Expedited service is offered for an additional fee.
|Passport Book and Card Comparison - English or Spanish ||View Current Processing Times|
Info about Application Form
- The DS-11 U.S. Passport application and the DS-82 renewal application are both available in the Circuit Court lobby inside the main entrance before the security checkpoint so you can pick up the form(s) to complete at home without having to go through the security checkpoint. Complete in BLACK INK ONLY.
- You can complete the form online using the U.S. Department of State site and print prior to coming to the office for your appointment.
Corrections/Errors on Application
If the applicant makes an error on the DS-11, they must complete a new DS-11 form. Corrections made with white-out, crossing out the incorrect information, writing the correction on top of the error, etc., are NOT acceptable. We recommend using the online option, if possible, to avoid having to start over if a mistake is made on the handwritten application.
What to Bring with You to Your Appointment:
- Completed application for a U.S. Passport (DS-11) in black ink with no errors/corrections.
- Photo Identification and
- Recent Color Photograph - Our office does not take photos on site.
- Check/Money order for Application Fee per application - Chart in English/Spanish or Fee Calculator - See Payment Info below for more details
- Cash/Check/Money order for $35 Execution/Acceptance Fee per application - See Payment Info below for more details
Children under 16 and children age 16 or 17 have special requirements. Please make sure all required parties come to the appointment or you have the necessary documents.
Two separate payments are required. The two fees cannot be paid with the same check/money order. The application fee is paid to the U.S. Department of State and is mailed in with your application. The execution/acceptance fee is paid directly to the acceptance facility when the application is accepted.
- Checks (personal, certified, cashier's and traveler's checks are acceptable, starter checks are not acceptable) and money orders payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted as the fee is mailed to the U.S. Department of State with the application.
- If a family/group is applying at the same time, a separate check/money order for the application fee is required for each application. You cannot group the fees for several applications together in one check/money order as a separate fee is required to be attached to each application to send to the U.S. Department of State.
2) Execution/Acceptance Fee (paid separately) - $35 per application
- Can be cash, check, or money order. Checks or money orders can be made payable to Rockingham County.
- Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted.
- If a family/group is applying at the same time, the execution fee can be grouped and paid together on a single check/money order.
The online renewal option in limited release is currently paused. Check here Version OptionsPassport InformationHeadlineAppointment to Apply in Person for further information. Renewals are handled by mail using Form DS-82:
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using form DS-11 as a first-time applicant.