Special Entertainment Permit

If you are planning a wedding, music performance, or other event on property that is not already zoned or permitted for such uses, you may need a special entertainment permit issued by the zoning division. In many cases, the special entertainment permit is a pre-requisite for getting a tent permit from the County building division. 

 Building permits are required by the Virginia Building Code for tents that are greater than 900 square feet and for tents with 50 or more occupants. 

 Special Entertainment Permit Application